Friday, April 03, 2009

what i've been sewing lately...

This has been a busy week as we are getting ready to go to Waveland, Mississippi on a trip with our church to volunteer with still-ongoing relief efforts from Hurricane Katrina. This will be our 6th trip there, and we have come to love many of the families we have met! But, I have been working on a couple of things. It's hard to keep me from my sewing machine!

layer cake apron

One is this cute "layer cake apron" from the book, Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Pillowcase. It was so easy to make, and I think it's adorable. I used thrifted vintage pillowcases and some ball fringe my friend, Cheryl, found at a yard sale and gave to me! She knows what I love! I picked up the book at my favorite quilt shop, Sew Bee It. It has tons of cute stuff in it, including purses, little girl dresses, and coasters.

linen and patchwork :: a yummy combination

Another is this pretty linen and patchwork composition book cover and matching zipper pouch. I just love linen with brightly-colored patchwork, don't you?

There are lots of other things on my sewing and quilting to-do list, but that will have to wait until after Spring Break. See you later...I've got some packing to do!

3 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, you blog is fantastic, so much crafty goodness going on here! I'm so glad a reader emailed me about your tutorials, they're wonderful! I would love to link to some of them if you didn't mind!

Ms. Tee said...

Your sweet apron is adorable, Miss Suze!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

So nice to meet you Susie!!!!